Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

My First Blog!

So this is where it all begins.  After months of being inspired by others' blogs, I am officially starting my own blog.  I would first like to thank my 13 year old son, Caleb, for his assistance and direction in getting my blog set up.  But I also need to thank him and his older brother, Jacob, for inspiring me to learn new things.  Both of my children are immersed in the world of technology.  One being a sophomore in an IT program at Georgia Southern University and the other a consummate user of technology.  Much of what I have learned about current technology I learned from them at the dinner table.  These two keep my husband and I on our toes!

I am currently teaching 8th grade Mathematics in a rural, low SES school district in Eastern Georgia.  Although I now feel that the classroom is exactly where I was meant to be, I did not start my mathematics career with teaching in mind.  I have a BS in Theoretical Mathematics with a minor in Computer Science.  After being a stay at home wife and mother for more than 12 years, I went to graduate school and earned a M.Ed. in Secondary Education along with my initial teaching certification.

Now in my 6th year of teaching, I am very interested in honing my teaching skills, defining my style, and improving my effectiveness in the classroom.  I feel that one way to acheive these things is to reflect on the happenings and issues in my classroom and school.   So please bare with me as I begin my journey into blogging.   My hope is that with time my blogs will be as inspiring and thought provoking as some of the incredible posts that I have read from other bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment